Our Sanitation Department provides curbside collection of solid waste and is done one day a week depending on what section of town you live in. Mount Olive single streams all recycling allowing residents to place all recycling in one container.
Garbage and Recycling Collection Rules
- Garbage and recycling are picked up once a week on the same day. Please call DPW at 973-691-0900 ext 7361 to find out your day, download the Recycle Coach app, or click here.
- Please see the Holiday Sanitation Schedule for any alternate holiday collections
- The township provides each homeowner with a 96 or 65 gallon garbage can with an ID number specific to your home
- Recycling containers can be purchased for $50 from our Recreation Department to support our Recreation events
- If you need a replacement, please call the Public Works Department
- Place containers neatly at the curb by 5:00 a.m. of your scheduled day
- Do not include any recyclable materials in your garbage
Bulk Waste (Large Item Sticker Program)
Please refer to the application here.
- Stickers can be purchased by coming into the Municipal Building M-F 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or by mailing the application to the address on the form
- Regular large items are picked up on Mondays, Metal items, televisions computers and printers are picked up on Thursdays
- Please call 973-691-0900 ext 7361 to let us know when the item is curbside for pick-up