About Animal Control
Animal Control is responsible for a variety of services as they relate to the licensing, control and protection of animals in the Township. Activities Handled by Animal Control:
- Issues dog licenses. (Dog license renewal period begins in January of each year.)
- Issues cat licenses. (Cat license renewal period begins in April of each year.)
- Provides two free rabies clinics per year for both dogs and cats.
- Responds to animal related complaints.
- Investigating animal bites.
- Rabies control (laboratory testing, quarantines, education).
- Licensing and inspecting pet shops and kennels.
- Enforcing state and local codes/regulations.
- Patrolling and impounding stray cats and dogs.
- Performing dead animal removal.
|Frank Nelson||Animal Control Officer / Animal Cruelty Investigator||(973) 691-0900 ext. 7334|