Where is the Police Department Located?

204 Flanders Drakestown Road, Budd Lake, NJ 07828

How do I get a copy of a police report?


I collect Police patches. Can you send me one of your patches?

Unfortuantely, at this time we are unable to accomodate any requests for patches.

What is the process for applying for a Firearms Identification Card (FID)?

Please see the FIREARMS page.

Can I drop off old medication?

We do accept old medication. Learn with more information.

What are the restrictions regarding overnight parking and snow removal?

Local Ordinance 375-24 states: No person shall park a vehicle(s) on any street within Mount Olive Township when the streets are covered with snow and/or ice. The parking prohibtions shall remain in effect after the snow has ceased until the streets have been plowed sufficiently and to the extent that parking will not interfere with the normal flow of traffic. Any unoccupied vehicle parking or standing in violation shall be deemed a nuisance and a menace to safe and proper regulation of traffic, and any police officer may provide for the removal of such vehicle.  The owner shall pay the reasonable costs of the removal and storage which may result from such removal before gaining possession of the vehicle.

Local ordinance 347-11 states that the owner or owners, occupant or occupants or tenant or tenants of premises abutting or bordering upon any street in the Township of Mount Olive shall remove all snow and ice from the abutting sidewalks of such streets or, in the case of ice which may be so frozen as to make removal impracticable, shall cause the same to be thoroughly covered with sand or ashes or salt or other similar substance to reasonably prevent pedestrians from slipping on such snow or ice, within 12 hours of daylight after the same falls or is formed thereon.

Can the police tell me if schools are closed due to inclement weather?

During inclement weather the police department receives a high volume of calls for service. We request that you limit your phone calls to actual emergencies during this time. Please check your local radio and television stations.

How do I get a copy of my Criminal History?

Criminal Histories are obtained directly from the New Jersey State Police.

Where can I find a list of township Ordinances?

View the Mount Olive Codebook.