The Patrol Division, under the supervision of Lt. Mark Carlstrom, consists of 26 Patrol Officers and 5 Sergeants. Patrol Officers and their Sergeants have a variety of responsibilities including:
- Performing law enforcement services involving the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and related preventive and investigative work.
- Patrolling designated areas in a police vehicle and on foot to preserve law and peace, to prevent and discover the commission of crime and to enforce traffic and parking regulations.
- Providing assistance to the general public, such as for lock-outs of homes and motor vehicles, delivering emergency messages and assisting the sick and infirmed.
- Answering calls and complaints involving drunkeness, domestic disputes, fires, theft, accidents and other misdemeanors and felonies.
- Conducting preliminary investigations, gathering evidence, making arrests and testifying in court.
- Conducting traffic collision investigations and providing first aid for the injured
Auto burglary is a crime of opportunity. Items most targeted include cash and change left in consoles or ashtrays, wallets, purses, GPS, cell phones, and other electronics. MOPD recommends taking the following steps in protecting your property and discouraging would-be criminals from committing auto burglaries:
- Close all windows and lock all doors before leaving your vehicle, even in front of your home
- Never leave your keys in the vehicle
- Do not leave valuable items visible in your car, including chargers and accessories
- Do not leave garage door openers in parked vehicles.
- Park in well-lit, heavily populated areas
- Avoid announcing your vacation on social media
- Do not leave out items with personal information
- Record serial numbers and mark your valuables
If you see any suspicious activity or individuals, please contact the police immediately when you feel safe to do so by dialing 9-1-1.
|Mark Carlstrom||Lieutenant||(973) 691-0900 x #7580|