Senior Citizen Bus Qualifications
The Mount Olive Township Senior Citizen Bus is available free of charge for residents who are:
- 60 years of age or older.
- 18 years of age or older and physically disabled or handicapped.
- If you are handicapped or disabled and are under 60 years of age, a certification form (which we provide) must be filled out by your physician ad returned to us.
- You must be registered with the transportation office.
Any participant with immobility, deafness, blindness must have a companion ride along to provide assistance (companion must be 60 and younger or 18 and older).
Senior Citizen Bus Schedule
The bus operates Monday through Friday, from 9:30am to 4:00pm, except when municipal offices are closed. A monthly calendar is published with exact destinations and pick-up times.
Senior Citizen Bus Destinations
- Medical and Health Services
- Medical transportation is limited to Mount Olive, Roxbury, Chester, Dover, and Hackettstown.
- 3 days notice is required for all medical appointments.
- Food Shopping Once a Week
- The Nutrition Site at the Senior Building on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Please call the Nutrition Site in advance to reserve your meal.
- On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, call (973) 448-7474.
- On Tuesday and Thursday, call (908) 879-6837.
- Monthly Health Seminars
- Senior Citizen Meetings / Social and Recreational Activities
- Monthly Trip to Walmart or Target
To arrange for transportation call (973) 691-0900, ext. 7357, 7365, or 7331.
- All reservations must be called 72 hours in advance
- If you happen to leave a message on our voicemail, please call back to talk to one of us to ensure that we have received it.
- No reservations will be taken after 3:00pm on Fridays for the following Monday.
- Reservations cannot be made with the drivers. You must call us directly and speak to one of us.
- Call senior transportation Monday - Friday 8:30am to 4:00pm at (973) 691-0900 ext. 7331.