Grass/Leaves/Vegetative Waste Collection
- Yard waste first week of March last week of April
- Grass is first week of May to last week in October
- Leaves first week of October to first week of December
- Collection consists of grass clippings, shrub trimmings, leaves, twigs, acorns and garden refuse
- Collected once a week on your scheduled trash day
- Must be in biodegradable paper bags or open containers not to exceed 34 gallons or 40 pounds
- Cannot be placed in plastic bags or cardboard boxes
- Property owners cannot rake leaves into the street
- Biodegradable bags are sold at the Municipal Building and garden centers
- All landscapers are required to remove all leaves from customer’s property
- Yard waste requiring chipper service shall be picked up with special arrangement from April through May.
- Waste piles must stacked neatly on the curb with all branches facing the same direction.
- Limited to ten (10) feet long, four (4) feet high and to the depth of the limbs. Large piles will not be picked up.
- Residents are limited to two special arrangements a year.
- Please call the Department of Public Works at 973-691-0900 ext 7361 to be placed on a pick-up list
- Landscapers must clean up and recycle any grass that may fall into the street from mowing
- All landscapers are required to remove leaves and vegetative waste from their customer’s property