The Mount Olive Police are no longer accepting applications.
WRITTEN EXAMINATION NOTES & INSTRUCTIONS
- Application and testing fee is $100.00 Non Refundable
- Deadline for applications is Friday, August 27th, 2021 at 3:00pm.
- TEST LOCATION: Testing will be held at the Mount Olive High School, located at 18 Corey Road, Flanders NJ 07836
- TEST DATE & TIME: Wednesday September 8th, 2021 at 6:30pm.
Parking will be available at the front of the building. The front doors will open promptly at 5:00pm and will shut at 6:00pm. No one will be admitted after the doors have been closed. Please have current government issued photo identification ready when you get to the door. No one will be admitted to the test without proper photo identification.
No electronic devices will be permitted into the testing facility. All cell phones and other handheld electronic devices should be secured in your vehicles.
You will need at least two #2 pencils.
THERE WILL BE NO MAKE UP EXAMS! - Plan your schedules accordingly to attend this session. All fees are non-refundable. It is your responsibility to print and save the instructions above, as there will be no other communications regarding the exam.
GENERALIZED ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Running short and long distances
- Running up and down stairs
- Running over uneven terrain
- Light, medium, and heavy lifting and carrying
- Jumping over obstacles
- Vaulting over obstacles
- Climbing fences
- Climbing stairs
- Dodging around obstacles
- Crawling under or through obstacles
- Dragging objects
- Extracting and dragging victims
- Pushing heavy objects such as cars
- Bending and reaching
- Using hand and feet in self- defense
- Short and long-term use of force
Starting salary $45,900 plus health and pension benefits
ABOUT MOUNT OLIVE POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Mount Olive Police Department is a 51 person department that patrols the towns of Budd Lake and Flanders. The Townships approximate population is 29,000 and it covers 33sq miles in the North West part of Morris County, NJ.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must possess a high school diploma, or equivalency.
- Must be of good moral character.
- Must be at least (18) years of age.
- Must not have been convicted of a crime.
- Must have an Associate’s Degree or have attained 67 college credits.
- Must be able to maintain composure while under stress or during crisis.
- Must be able to work swing shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be eligible to enter into the New Jersey Police and Fire Pension system.
- Must not respond with or present misleading, deceptive, or untruthful
- Must have the ability to follow lawful orders and take direction.
- Must have the ability to distinguish reality from non-reality.
- Must have a New Jersey residence and driver’s license prior to entry into the
- Must not support or have been a member of any organization advocating the overthrow of the government.
- Must be able to read and write the English language.
- Must be able to maintain mental alertness and readiness to act, even during periods of calm and inactivity.
Hiring Process may consist of up to 4 components:
- Written Test
- Physical Test
- Panel Interview
- Chiefs Interview
If have any further questions/concerns you can contact the Mount Olive Township Police Department Applicant Information Number at 973-691-0900 extension 7534 or e-mail email@example.com and put in the subject line POLICE RECRUITING