The Investigations Division, under the supervision of Detective Lieutenant Lou Sanchez, is staffed by four Detectives and two Sergeants. Detectives have a variety of responsibilities including:
- Performing all major investigative activities of the department.
- Performing follow-up investigations of serious and vice crimes.
- Conducting thorough investigations, gathering and preserving evidence, making arrests, and testifying in court.
- Seeking and developing sources of information.
- Interrogating suspects and witnesses.
- Interviewing suspects and witnesses, taking written statements.
- Maintaining surveillance over persons and places suspected of illegal operations.
- Participating in the search and booking of persons arrested.
- Preparing cases for prosecution by means of accurate and detailed record keeping.
- Recovering stolen property for the purpose of evidence and , if appropriate return to its owner.
- Performing all identification functions.
- Processing juvenile offenders.
|Lou Sanchez||Detective Lieutenant||(973) 691-0900 x #7588|