Vital Statistics

Marriage licenses, birth, death, and marriage certificates and vital records.

The Vital Statistics Division provides​ applications for Marriage License, certified Copies of Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificates, and Corrections to Vital Records.

If you are looking for a Certified Copy Application, please visit our Forms page here.

In order to obtain a Marriage License or Civil Union License from the Township of Mount Olive either partner must be a resident of Mount Olive. This license will be good for any municipality in the State of New Jersey. If both partners reside out of state, then they must obtain the license from the New Jersey municipality where the ceremony will take place. This license will be issued for that municipality only.

Requirements for obtaining a marriage license, remarriage, civil union or reaffirmation of a civil union license in the Township of Mount Olive: To apply for a marriage license, you must bring the following (Please Note: Applications are by appointment only):

  • A current unexpired photo ID (Driver's License or Passport)
  • One or both parties must be a resident of Mt. Olive Twp. You must have a Mt. Olive address on your driver's license or bring your current month's utility bill with your name and current address on it.

The following are very helpful but not required:

  • Birth certificates of both applicants
  • Divorce papers if either party have been divorced
  • Death certificates if either party is widowed
  • The date of the ceremony.
  • Both parents' full name at birth and birthplace. (Just need State or Country)
  • Where the ceremony is being performed. (Municipality & address)
  • Name and mailing address of person who is to perform the ceremony.
  • One witness, age 18 or older, is needed (that knows both parties) at the time of application.
  • There is a $28.00 application fee. (Cash must be exact amount, money orders or checks are accepted - credit cards not accepted.)
  • Social security numbers of both the applicants if they are a US citizen.

*There is a state required seventy two (72) hour waiting period from the time of application until pick up.

Please Note: All parties must speak or understand English. If the applicants do not speak English an interpretor must accompany the applicants. All birth certificates, divorce papers, and passports must be in English.

Call Michele at (973) 691-0900 ext. 7356 or Jenna ext.7332 for an appointment. Appointments are scheduled between 9:00am to 11:30am and 2:00pm to 4:00pm on Monday - Friday.

All Certified copies of Birth, Marriage, Civil Union, and Death Certificates must be obtained in the municipality where the event occurred and are $20.00 per copy.