If, after reviewing the Mount Olive Township Ethics Code, you find an issue or concern that applies to the code, you can send the complaint to the Ethics Committee Members.
In your complaint, please specify what specific section or sections of the Mount Olive Code have been violated.
Once the Committee receives the complaint they will:
- Have a public meeting,
- Meet in an Executive Session, and
- Take appropriate action, if warranted.
113-9. Powers of Ethical Standards Board
The Board shall have the following powers:
- To initiate, receive, hear and review complaints and hold hearings with regard to possible violations of the township's Code of Ethics or financial disclosure requirements by officers or employees serving the township.
- To issue subpoenas for the production of documents and the attendance of witnesses with respect to its investigation of any complaint or to the holding of a hearing.
- To forward to the County Prosecutor or the Attorney General of New Jersey or other governmental body any information concerning violations of the Code of Ethics or financial disclosure requirements by officers or employees serving the township which may warrant the institution of legal proceedings by the Attorney General.
- To render advisory opinions to local officers or employees serving the township as to whether a given set of facts and circumstances constitutes a violation of any provision of the Code of Ethics or financial disclosure requirement.
- To enforce the provisions of the Code of Ethics and financial disclosure requirements with regard to officers and employees serving the township and to impose penalties for the violation thereof as are authorized by this chapter.
- To adopt rules and regulations as may be necessary to implement the purposes of this chapter.